The Warriors top duo scored an 8-6 victory over the team of Moa Lindstrom and Petra Such from Cerritos in the semifinals. Giese and Ito will face the team of Lisa Suzuki and Kseniia Prokopchuk in the championship match on Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
While the duo recorded success in the doubles competition, both ladies were eliminated in the quarterfinals of the women's singles championships as Giese fell to Suzuki in the quarterfinals, 6-4, 6-1.
Ito advanced to the semifinals after scoring a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Lindstrom in the quarters but Ito also fell to Suzuki in the semis, suffering a 6-4, 6-4 loss.
Both Ito and Giese will advance to compete at the CCCAA State Championships in Ojai, Calif. beginning on April 27. They will be joined by teammate Stephanie Kingham, who qualified with a pair of victories in a back draw.
SOUTH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Lisa Suzuki (CERR) def. Maddie Giese (ECC) 6-4, 6-1
- Lina Ito (ECC) def. Moa Lindstrom (CERR) 6-4, 6-4
- Suzuki (CERR) def. Ito (ECC) 6-4, 6-4
Singles, Back Draw to Qualify for CCCAA State Championships
- Stephanie Kingham (ECC) def. Iris Wong (MSAC) 1-6, 6-1, 10-3
- Kingham (ECC) def. Jackie Azpeitia (Rio Hondo) 6-1, 6-0
- Giese/Ito (ECC) def. Lindstrom/Such (CERR) 8-6